Listen to the 106.9 Morning show with Jim West Monday, November 11th – Friday, November 22nd to win a pair of tickets to see Michael Martin Murphy’s “Cowboy Christmas” at the Uptown Theater in Kansas City December 4th 2019!
For more information about the show & the Uptown Theater click here
Check out Michael Martin Murphy’s Austinology: Alleys of Austin where he is joined by several artists who were part of that era as well as those influenced by the work the originators created:
• Willie Nelson (on “Alleys of Austin” and “Cosmic Cowboy”)
• Steve Earle (on “Geronimo’s Cadillac”),
• Lyle Lovett (on “Alleys of Austin,” “Cosmic Cowboy” and “Drunken Lady of the Morning”)
• Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison (on “Little Bird”)
• Jerry Jeff Walker (on “Cosmic Cowboy,” “Alleys of Austin”)
• Amy Grant (on “Wildfire”)
• Randy Rogers (“Backslider’s Wine”)
• The Last Bandoleros (on Guy Clark’s “LA Freeway”)
“This album is not just about my songs,” Murphey said. “It’s about style and substance that makes a song that stands the test of time, a song that has a chance of living on in the Great American Songbook.
Perhaps most striking about Austinology: Alleys of Austin is how good songs weather the years, which is precisely why such celebrated songwriters as Earle, Grant, Walker, Nelson, Lovett and as artists like Garth Brooks, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Ray Wylie Hubbard and more cite Murphey as a major influence on their own craft.
With the release of Michael Martin Murphey’s Austinology: Alleys of Austin, his legacy is impacting new generations.